Happy hump day!! I hope you all are doing well!
Today I want to talk a little about accountability. It is so easy to say "I am going to get up early tomorrow morning and workout", but it can be so much harder to actually do it (trust me, I would know!! haha!). So I have prepared a list of tips and tricks to help you hold yourself accountable for your fitness goals.
- Write it down! Whatever your goals are make sure to write them down. Whether they are long term goals or your goals for tomorrow you will feel so much more accountable if you write them down and can literally see them. (I love writing things down and being able to cross them off the list!)
- Be specific. When you aren't specific with your goals you don't know how to get where you want to be. If your goal is "I want my body to look like hers" well, 1. everybody's bodies are so different so that probably isn't going to happen, and 2. that can be so overwhelming that you don't even know where to start so you just don't. If your goal is "In 4 weeks I want my body fat to be at 23%" now that sounds so much more easily attainable because you actually have something specific that you are reaching for.
- Make goals that are just within your reach. You want a goal that is attainable, but not easy. If it's easy, it won't push you. But if it's too hard you may feel like you will never reach it and just give up. Find a goal that will challenge you the right amount!
- Prepare! If you are wanting to workout in the mornings there are several things you can do to help you achieve it (pick out your clothes the night before, prepare something for breakfast the night before, or plan your workout beforehand). If your goal is something to do with eating there are also tons of things you can do before hand to make it easier to reach your goal. I have found this tip to be one of the most important for me when reaching for my goals. Prepare, prepare, prepare!!
- Tell someone about your goal (or even have someone do it with you!). You will be much more accountable when you tell someone about your goal or when you have someone do it with you. Try it out! I promise you will feel so much more responsible when you aren't the only one who knows about your goal.
I hope this helps you guys out! I know these five things have been key to holding myself accountable for reaching my goals!