Happy Wednesday y'all!! I don't know about you, but I am having a fantastic week! If you haven't...well right now is a good time to turn that around! Having a good day starts with the decision to do so!
I feel like the world we live in today puts so much pressure on women to have the perfect body, perfect hair, perfect skin, basically perfect everything. We are constantly under the influence that we are not enough and we need to lose five pounds because we are too big or we need to gain five pounds because we are too skinny. Well you know what, that is load of crap!! You are beautiful the way you are!! It is no wonder women experience so much depression, low self-esteem, and low self-confidence. Today I want to talk a little bit about how to build self-confidence because I believe that it is so incredibly important in a woman's life!
The first step to building self-confidence is realizing that YOU have the power to change. It doesn't have anything to do with your spouse, boyfriend, friend, mom, or anyone else. It is up to you!! I know it might sound a little scary at first, but it can be a really powerful thing (when you realize how much control you have). Your mind is the key to success. It is also the key to failure. You have to learn to control your mind and use it to lead you to your goals! One of my favorite sayings is, "whether you think you can or you can't you are right". <-- truest statement I have ever heard! And that is what I live by. Your mind is so powerful and it can take you to places you never imagined you would be. I know controlling your mind is hard (actually very hard) so here are some keys to controlling your mind and building self confidence:
- Dress the part -When you look good you feel good! Let your personality shine through. Suit up for success!
- Positive vibes only>>
- Be kind and generous (service is a miracle worker!)
- Set a small goal and achieve it
- Change a small habit
- Smile :)
- Exercise- get active! (Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. Happy people don't kill their husbands. They just don't. hahah <-- true though...endorphins make you so happy!)
- Empower yourself with knowledge
- Eat healthy foods
- Get enough sleep
- Reduce stress levels
- Spend time with loved ones
- Act the part - Stand tall, hold your head up high, OWN THE PLACE!
- "Follow" people who uplift you and "unfollow" people who bring you down
- Positive affirmations (I AM A BOSS BABE AND I AM GOING TO KILL IT TODAY!!)
You are beautiful! Don't let anyone tell you different. Be yourself, love yourself! Hold your chin up high!