Hey there! I hope everyone is having a fantastic week! Today I want to share a couple of my favorite recipes for healthy snacks. You shouldn't dread eating just because you are trying to eat healthy. Enjoy life, enjoy food! You are nourishing your body with the nutrients it needs to function properly. Have fun and experiment trying different snacks finding, which ones you love and which ones you don't. With that being said - here are a couple of MY favorite recipes for yummy snacks!
PB BITES (pictured above): Perfect for post workout or when you need a treat!
-Melt 1/2 cup honey (I like to use 1/2 honey and 1/2 agave) and 1 cup peanut butter over stovetop until smooth
-Stir in 3 cups rolled oats until evenly coated in mixture (sometimes I use less oats if I want them to be a little thicker)
-Line a 9 X 9 with non-stick foil and pour mixture into pan.
- Lay wax paper on counter and make "cookie like" drops of mixture . (Easy for grab and go!)
-Put in the refrigerator for a few hours to set. Store in the refrigerator to keep them firm, or leave them out if you like them soft and sticky.
BAKED CINNAMON APPLE SLICES:
- 4 apples cored and sliced 1/8" thick
- 1-2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1-2 tsp. granulated sugar, if needed
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add the sliced apples to a large bowl; then coat the apples with the cinnamon and/or sugar.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and line the apples flat on the pan (may need to use two pans so they don't overlap).
- Bake 2-3 hours until the chips are dry yet still soft. Allow them to cool completely before placing them in an air tight container.
BANANA BITES (with dark chocolate and peanut butter):
-Melt chocolate over stovetop or in microwave (I like to use dark chocolate)
-Slice desired amount of bananas
-Spread 1 tsp. peanut butter in-between two slices of banana until all of the slices are gone
-Once chocolate is melted, dip the peanut butter and banana slices halfway into the chocolate then set on wax paper to dry
-Once all of the bananas have been dipped and dried - put them in an air tight container and store in the freezer
Hope you all enjoyed this post!