Hello! I hope you all are doing wonderfully! I have been crazy busy lately and am currently wishing I was back in Hawaii laying on the beach and eating a snow cone!
With that being said, we had such a blast in Hawaii! We spent days laying by the beach/pool working on our tans and seeing how many snow cones we could eat in a day! haha We also went snorkeling a couple of the days. We got to swim with tons of fish and sea turtles in the crystal clear water! Needles to say, it did not disappoint! On Friday morning we went whale watching and it totally exceeded my expectations! We saw probably 15 whales and tons of breaches! Whenever a smaller whale popped up out of the water the guide would say, "BABY BREACH!!!" and everyone on the boat would turn their heads to see the whale, it was pretty funny... We also went paddle boarding (my personal favorite). I just love paddle boarding so much especially when the water is so clear and you are paddling around next to sea turtles. We ate tons of good food (and snow cones) and it was so much fun spending time with family that we don't get so see very often any more. I already can't wait for our next family vacation!
Sometimes keeping up with your fitness goals while on vacation can be challenging. I definitely let myself ease up a bit on working out and eating while on vacation to enjoy it a little bit more, but I still try to set some goals to keep me on track. Here are some tips to help you stay on track while on vacation:
- Drink lots of water!!! It will help keep you feeling full and hydrated.
- Go on walks. Enjoy and explore where you are! Also try and walk or bike places instead of taking a car.
- If you can't get to a gym, find things you can do in your hotel room, pool, or wherever you are! (squats, push-ups, planks, lunges, jumping jacks)
- Pack healthy snacks for when you want a little bite to eat (protein bar, almonds, etc.)
- Always eat breakfast. This way you won't get so hungry and feel like snacking as much.
- Take the stairs. I know it sounds silly, but think of how many stairs you climb during your whole vacation...that's a lot of steps!
- Buy some groceries. This way you can have some nutritious meals and not feel guilty about going out for lunch or dinner.
Well, that's all I've got for you guys today! I hope you enjoyed it! If you are going on a trip soon have fun, stay safe, and remember you can still stay on track without it being a hassle!