Our lives are often so busy that we forget to stop and think about all of the things that we have to be thankful for (especially some of the most simple things we take advantage of). The saying "You don't know what you have till it's gone" is so true!! There are so many things in my life that I don't even think about that really make a huge difference (ie. when you stub your toes and realize how much your toes really do!! haha).
I think it is so important that we remember all of the things we are blessed with (especially with all of the tragic events going on in the world...we have so much to be thankful for). Make it a goal to count your blessings EVERY SINGLE DAY! I promise that it will make a big difference in your life and you will feel so much more blessed when you think about all that you have been given!
Ten things we forget to be thankful for:
- Having a place to live (something we so often forget is a blessing because we have had it our whole lives)
- The ability to walk, talk, jump, and run (our bodies are absolutely incredible!)
- Food and water (something that we don't even think about but also something that other people don't even have)
- A car (as long as its gets you from point A to point B that's all that matters!)
- The ability to reach your dreams (we are so blessed to live in a time and place where we can accomplish anything we put our minds to)
- The opportunity to go to work (I love what I do and am thankful that I have the opportunity to help provide for my family)
- Education <-- Knowledge is power
- A healthy body (even when you have health issues, there is still so much to be grateful for with your body)
- Internet (think about how much you use the internet and how different life would be without it)
- Telephones (it makes a huge difference being able to communicate with loved ones who may be hundreds of miles away that you otherwise may not be able to communicate with often)
The list of blessings could go on and on, but my point is BE GRATEFUL!! Everything you have could be taken away in the blink of an eye. Count your blessings. Take advantage of them. And live life to the fullest!